16 Scientific Facts About Parenting You Didn't Know
PARENTING FACTS THAT MAY SURPRISE YOU...
Being a parent involves a myriad of precarious and borderline frustrating tasks and activities, including but not limited to taking care of little kids who have very little understanding of their environment. This encourages them to play with whatever they come across, potentially turning a normal day into a nightmare. Being a parent can be quite challenging but with the appropriate steps as well as tips, you can play the role perfectly thereby having great joy when you raise your child. There are several hurdles parents face while raising kids and this content provides some insight into some scientific facts about parenting you might not know.
Honestly speaking, in some cases my kids give me such a tough time that I end up being frustrated to tears but as a parent, these are some of the challenges we have to endure so as to provide a proper upbringing for them. Every parent experiences this rough time and included in the below article are some facts which have been found to be scientifically correct and practically true.
1. THERE IS ALWAYS MORE JUNK THAN DIAPERS IN A NAPPY BAG
Playing with junk excites kids because they love experimenting with everything they come across. This is the main reason why parents usually pack more junk in the diaper so that kids can easily play with stuff. You can take a look at your diaper bag or if you don't have one, you can buy a baby bag here.
2. THERE ARE FUNNY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN KIDS AND DRUNK PEOPLE
As parents, at some stage during the learning phase our kids would have trouble pronouncing words, fall down often, lose their balance when walking and sometimes are irritable.... these features are not limited to kids, they are also the basic characteristics which we see in drunk individuals, this shows that each and every one of us has a connection with one another through behaviour.
3. THE FIRST DAY OF PRE-SCHOOL, YOUR KID CAN BE THE ONLY ONE CRYING OUT OF THE NUMBER OF KIDS PRESENT
Remembering my first day of preschool might be difficult but I can clearly remember that during the first day of my son in school, he was the only one crying out of several kids present. I feel remorse but other parents told me that was the usual feeling that he would later get used to schooling.
4. IT MIGHT BE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR YOUR CHILD TO SLEEP BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR PARTNER
Whenever you decide to sleep along with your kid, you’ll be able to experience how restless kids could be when sleeping. In some cases, you may have to leave the bed while your kid rests peacefully.
5. SOME STRANGERS FIND KIDS MORE REPULSIVE THAN PETS
Some strangers are repulsed by kids; this can be because of the troubling attitude of kids which they find unbearable or because it reminds them of their own childhood traumas. The next time you visit the park, you can simply verify this fact by approaching strangers with your babies.
6. CHILDREN ARE THIRSTIER WHEN IN BED THAN WHEN PLAYING
In most cases, kids usually wake up and request for water during their sleep but during the daytime they can play for a long period of time without requesting drinks.
7. BABIES SELDOM NAP WHEN THEY OBSERVE YOU WANT TO SLEEP
Although babies enjoy napping, they spend less time napping whenever they observe you want to sleep. This permits you less time to sleep.
8. LITTLE KIDS LOVE TO BE WITH YOU WHILE TEENAGERS LOVE TO STAY AWAY
Little kids usually run around their parents but when they become teenagers, they want to get as far away as possible.
9. WE USUALLY TELL PEOPLE THE BED BEHAVIOUR OF OUR KIDS AS A RESULT OF MISSED SLEEP AND THIS IS USUALLY FAR FROM THE TRUTH
Kids usually find it difficult to differentiate between good and bad things - they are more prone to behaviours than good ones though as they can be stronger in emotion and often get passed down from unconscious or hereditary patterns.
10. YOU GET SCARED WHENEVER YOU HEAR THE TOILET FLUSH WITHOUT KNOWING THE EXACT LOCATION OF YOUR KID
Several things scare us as parents, some of which include spiders, horror movies and strange noises at night but nothing scares us more than hearing the toilet flush without ascertaining the precise location of our kids.
11. COLOURFUL PLAY-DOLLS ALWAYS END UP BECOMING BROWN
Play-dolls of different colours will end up becoming brown due to dirt which they accumulate whenever your kids are playing with them. So sometimes it's just better to get kids electric cars instead!
12. POPULAR COLOURS FOR BABY CLOTHES ARE WHITE, PINK, BLUE BUT THE SAFEST COLOURS FOR BABY CLOTHES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BROWN, BLACK AND RED
This is because kids love to play with dirt and these colors tend to shadow the dirt thereby allowing them to use it for longer durations compared lighter colors.
13. BABIES ARE BETTER EATERS AND SLEEPERS THAN ADULTS
Babies tend to eat more because they are undergoing rapid growth and development which requires more food, they likewise sleep more than adults because they have more free time and active minds.
14. PARENTS OFTEN MAKE USE OF THEIR CHILDS MIDDLE NAME WHEN THEY ARE ANGRY
This is very common between parents that are still learning how to handle their kid’s annoying behaviour.
15. PARENTS ALWAYS ENCOURAGE THEIR KIDS TO USE MORE WORDS THAN REQUIRED
This is very common for kids; in several cases, you will observe kids saying ‘eat’ whenever they are hungry rather than saying ‘I want to eat’. This is because kids can only store a few words in their minds and use language practically.
16. LOVED ONES WILL OFTEN TELL YOU THAT YOUR NEWBORN BABY LOOKS LIKE YOU OR YOUR PARTNER BUT ACTUALLY YOUR NEWBORN LOOKS JUST LIKE OTHER NEWBORNS
Newborn babies will only start displaying their resemblance to you or your partner after some months and not immediately after their birth. If you haven't planned yet for your newborns arrival be sure to check out our baby clothes collections.